|Date||Sunday, August 13, 2023 10:00|
|Venue||Ski Montcalm, Rawdon, QC|
|GPS coordinates||46.04317983687143, -73.82743173702836|
|Parking||Behind the Ski Montcalm chalet at 3294 Rue Park, Radon, QC|
|Terrain||Mixed forest with some areas that look like a park to some that are very dense. See below for more details.|
|Map||Scale : 1:7500 à 1:15000. See table below.
Contour interval : 5 m
Map size : 8.5 x 11 inches
|Distance arena-start||800m, course 5 up chairlift then 270m|
|Water controls||1 to 3|
|Washroom||Ski Montcalm chalet|
|Course Time Limit||3 hours|
The start for all courses except 5 is 800 m south of the parking lot. The route to it will be marked with tape and uses the local road through the residential area. To minimize the climb on the course, course 5 will start at the top of the mountain. The participants will need to ride the ski lift near the arena and transport has been arranged with the Ski Montcalm owners. The start is 270m south-east from the unloading point of the ski lift, with a tape-marked route showing the way.
Attention: Some slopes are quite steep. After rain, they can be very slippery.
– There are areas with a lot of dead falls and uncleaned after the logging activities of the past. These are shown with green stripes or dense green.
– Water features (marshes, streams) may look a little different than mapped, depending on the amount of rainfall leading up to the event.
– Cliffs mapped as passable are 1-2 m high, with various degrees of slope and shape. Impassable cliffs (mapped with a thicker black line) are 2 – 10 m high. As some are high and potentially dangerous, please stay away from the edges. Good route choices should not go via dangerous cliffs.
– Some barely visible old logging tracks are shown with indistinct trails or narrow ride symbols. There are only a few trails that are made by walking and therefore are narrow.
– Special symbols used on the map (root stock) :
Classes & Recommended Winning Times (RWT)
|Course||TD||Classes||Scale||RWT, min||Length, km||Controls||Climb, m||Description (WxL, cm)|
|1||1||M10 W10 Open1||1:7500||30-35||3.5||17||75||5.4×14.4|
|2||2||M11-12 W11-12 Open 2||1:7500||30-35||2.9||10||65||5.4×10.2|
|3||3||M13-14 M15-16S W13-14 W15-16S Open 3||1:10000||30-35||3.4||11||80||5.4×10.8|
|4||4||M15-16 W15-16 Open 4||1:10000||50-55||4.3||12||145||5.4×11.4|
|5||5||M75 M80 M85 M90 W75 W80 W85 W90 Open 5||1:7500||45-50||2.3||10||60||5.4×10.8|
|6||5||M17-20S W17-20S W55 W65 Open 6||1:10000||50-55||3.6||11||140||5.4×10.8|
|7||5||M65 W45 Open 7||1:10000||50-55||4.0||12||135||5.4×11.4|
|8||5||M55 W17-18 W21S W35||1:10000||55-60||4.3||10||170||5.4×10.2|
|9||5||M17-18 M21S M45 W19-20||1:10000||55-60||4.7||13||170||5.4×12.0|
|10||5||M19-20 M35 W21E (WRE)||1:15000||70-80||7.5||16||300||5.4×13.8|
Organisateur de course: Dmitri Golovanov
Directeur de l’évènement: Jennifer O’Connell
Contrôleur: Bruce Glen
Traceur: Dmitri Golovanov
From the parking lot, follow the signs to the arena and start. Please note that the parking is shared with mountain bikers.