|Date||Saturday, August 12, 2023, 10:00|
|Venue||Ski Montcalm, Rawdon, QC|
|GPS coordinates||46.04317983687143, -73.82743173702836|
|Parking||Behind the Ski Montcalm chalet at 3294 Rue Park, Radon, QC|
|Terrain||Mixed forest with some areas that look like a park to some that are very dense. See below for more details.|
|Map||Scale : 1:7500 to 1:10000. See table below.
Contour interval : 5 m
Map size : 8.5 x 11 inches
|Distance arena-start||300 m|
|Washroom||Ski Montcalm chalet|
|Course time limit||2 hours|
Attention: Some slopes are quite steep. After rain, they can be very slippery.
– There are areas with a lot of dead falls and uncleaned after the logging activities of the past. These are shown with green stripes or dense green.
– Water features (marshes, streams) may look a little different than mapped, depending on the amount of rainfall leading up to the event.
– Cliffs mapped as passable are 1-2 m high, with various degrees of slope and shape. Impassable cliffs (mapped with a thicker black line) are 2 – 10 m high. As some are high and potentially dangerous, please stay away from the edges. Good route choices should not go via dangerous cliffs.
– Some barely visible old logging tracks are shown with indistinct trails or narrow ride symbols. There are only a few trails that are made by walking and therefore are narrow.
– Special symbols used on the (root stock) :
Classes & Recommended Winning Times (RWT)
|Course||TD||Classes||Scale||RWT, min||Length, km||Controls||Climb, m||Description (WxL, cm)|
|1||1||M10 W10 Open1||1:7500||20 – 25||2||11||75||5.4×10.8|
|2||2||M11-12 W11-12 Open 2||1:7500||20 – 25||2||10||80||5.4×10.2|
|3||3||M13-14 M15-16S W13-14 W15-16S Open 3||1:10000||20 – 25||2.1||10||80||5.4×10.2|
|4||3||M15-16 W15-16 Open 4||1:10000||25 – 30||2.4||10||95||5.4×10.2|
|5||4||M75 M80 M85 M90 W75 W80 W85 W90 Open 5||1:7500||30 – 35||1.5||9||55||5.4×9.6|
|6||5||M20S W20S W55 W65 Open 6||1:7500||30 – 35||2.1||9||80||5.4×9.6|
|7||5||M65 W45 Open 7||1:7500||30 – 35||2.3||10||85||5.4×10.2|
|8||5||M55 W17-18 W21S W35||1:10000||30 – 35||2.7||12||100||5.4×11.4|
|9||5||M17-18 M21S M45 W19-20||1:10000||30 – 35||2.8||12||110||5.4×11.4|
|10||5||M19-20 M35 W21E (WRE)||1:10000||30 – 35||3.4||14||120||5.4×12.6|
|11||5||M21E (WRE)||1:10000||30 – 35||4.2||14||165||5.4×12.6|
Course Setter: Dmitri Golovanov
Event director: Jennifer O’Connell
Controller: Bruce Glen
Map: Dmitri Golovanov
From the parking lot, follow the signs to the arena and start. Please note that the parking is shared with mountain bikers.